Friday, October 24, 2008

Commuting.

One of the top reasons I love living in New York is the facility of transportation. Yet, it is the top reason I despise living at home. It's a paradox.

Four trains and an hour and fifteen minutes to get to school. Two trains and forty-five minutes to get to work.

Without it, I wouldn't have a life. Without it, I would have gotten a license by now.

It's a hassle. It's a convenience. It's a struggle. It's a breeze. It's a killer. It's a lifesaver. It makes we weep. It makes me smile. It makes me cringe. It makes me laugh.

It makes me clutch my bag closer to my chest. It makes me proud to call myself a New Yorker.

The MTA. As dynamic, spontaneous and ridiculous as its riders.

Edit 12/4/08: Today was the day I finally got my license. So really, the MTA was not the sole factor to me not getting one. Because I actually did.

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Four trains?! That's crazy.
I wonder what time you get up to take that many trains.


& I love The Beatles<3.



Who doesn't.

the_mouth said...

dude your post was epicly epic.