I don't like umbrellas.
Today is raining and cold and dreary. I don't mind the rain and the cold too much actually. I just don't like having to use umbrellas.
I almost left my umbrella on the 2 train this morning. The umbrella I was holding made it increasingly difficult to drink my coffee and hang on to my heavy bag. Anything that interrupts my morning routine is something I dislike in general really. On the subway it drips everywhere and other's umbrellas drip on other people. Some people decide their umbrella needs its own seat and when they get up, it leaves the seat wet.
Umbrellas are a major cause of arguments in my household. Who lost my umbrella? Why is this one broken? No, I need that umbrella I'm going further than you! I don't like that one it doesn't open properly! These discussions usually leave me using the tiny Spongebob umbrella I bought in the 8th grade because I thought it was cute. Today, not so much.
Speaking of 8th grade, I had a friend who flat out refused to use umbrellas. When it was pouring, all she would have on was the hood of her sweater. I asked her where the heck her umbrella was. "I don't believe in umbrellas," was her response. I would share this philosophy if I wasn't so partial to being dry.
I do not see the purpose of buying these expensive, fancy umbrellas because the wind tends to break each and every umbrella I have owned. Umbrellas are a cause of major embarrassment, especially when they fold inside out. Or they decide not to open. Or when they decide to open at random.
So yeah. I'm not a fan of umbrellas. Yet I like the rain and getting to wear my rainboots. That is always fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree! I hate umbrellas too, I usually dont carry them because I ALWAYS loose them. When I have to walk outside when it's raining, I run to wherever im going and just hope that it subsides soon. That's my philosophy.
I hate lugging an umbrella, too. The stupid wind keeps blowing it in different angles, so the sorry rain shield gets mangled pretty badly. My mom even sews some of them because the good, quality name brand umbrellas are always so costly. Rainy days, although necessary, are just ridiculous. Especially when they last more than 3 days in a row, thus robbing us of enjoyable springtime weather!
Post a Comment