Today, I feel like escaping. I love New York, I love the cold wind in the winter whipping me in the face, I love getting wear scarves every day. I sincerely do. Tonight however, I desperately want to get away from it all. I do not want to go to a necessarily warmer place. I simply want to get away for a short amount of time. Some place new and fresh for me. Somewhere intrinsically happy.
There are those moments that one needs to escape their reality as content as one can be. Away from hostility and insolence, away from the chaos awaiting outside the bedroom door. I want to land somewhere where peace is commonplace, somewhere welcoming.
If only I could hop on a plane to St. Barts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I totally understand feeling the need to escape. Sometimes, there are certain factors in your environment that can get overwhelming/frustrating when you spend too much time there, and you just need to get away. Even when you're usually pretty happy with your surroundings, everyone needs change from time to time- especially when it starts to get to a point where you're unable to relax and feel comfortable. *hugs* I really hope that things get better for you soon.
I could sure use a vacation, as well. There's a whole world out there still waiting to be tasted.
Maybe that's why I'm so absorbed in my books and tv shows... they offer a peek into something new and different, which are basically the two elements that I sometimes feel are lacking in my life. But there comes a point when living vicariously just doesn't really cut it and we find ourselves craving for something more.
Hang in there! Maybe your happy and peaceful place is just around the corner. ;)
I'm feeling a lot better than the day I wrote this! Thanks for your wise words!
Post a Comment