Sunday, February 13, 2011

Das it!

Inspiration hasn't been kind to me as of late. I have not written for my own pleasure, for my own sanity, in some time. In light of certain thoughts and feelings that have unfortunately creeped up on me lately I felt the need to write something rather trite. Heartbreak, at its best, is the soul of the most spectacular works of art, including writing. I don't necessarily have any of the qualities that would be considered of a great artist, but that shouldn't stop me, or anyone, to write about how they feel at that moment.

Technically, I'm not "heartbroken." But rejection feels pretty close. So, I write in order to move on from this silliness.

After taking a creative writing course, I've been more interested in learning how to write in different forms, like plays and poetry. So, below is the very beginnings of a poem that might never get finished. Or it might. Just felt like it had to be jotted down.

A more glorified you
exists
in a plane only
I can comprehend.

I weave imagined tales
and fabricate verse
until there is no distinguishing
the truth from the lie.

Rhyme and rhythm
is unkind here.

Perhaps it would be
safer
to rewrite these lines

And end it there.

No comments: