I can't bring myself to watch this show for one, very inane reason. I'm not going to reveal it. That's how stupid my reason is. It doesn't even have to do with the quality or the premise of the show. I just wish I didn't have to see promotions all over the place for it.
That's pretty much it. I don't know why this needed a blog entry. I just felt I should share this sentiment with the rest of the blogging world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I totally get you on being bothered when something is really heavily promoted/advertised- when things are thrown in your face over and over, it can get overwhelming, and instead of creating the reaction of "Hey, I keep hearing about this, maybe I should check it out," you instead feel like "OMG WHY DO I KEEP HAVING TO HEAR ABOUT THIS? I JUST WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY!" I guess that's a fail on the part of marketing/advertising companies. >.>
Well... okay. I get what you mean, and Tegan brings up a good point about the way marketing/advertising targets the prospective audiences for these types of entertainment.
That's what happened with me and the Twilight saga. I used to be so engrossed with it before the craze, but now I feel a knee-jerk reaction at the mention of it because of the screaming pre-teens who ONLY NOW started reading gothic-themed novels. Or with Harry Potter... I still haven't gotten past the third book because the movies and every talkative HP fanatic ruined the story's magic for me (no pun intended).
Sometimes it's as if society has ADHD and is in constant need of a new obsession. That can't really be healthy for the general public, lol.
I guess there's a reason for these crazes. Harry Potter, Twilight, Glee, etc. -- these tend to be engrossing stories that entice us into forgetting our stressful realities.
But you should check out 'Glee' when the hype dies down a little. Like during the summer, when it's not completely all over the place. At least give it a tiny bit of a chance before you totally write it off as something you're definitely not into. You might be surprised with what you find. ;)
Okay, fine. Don't give your reason, but I'd really, really like to know why you don't like this show. I only recently watched an episode after I heard Jane Lynch, the woman who plays the insane cheerleading coach, interviewed on a radio show. A friend of mine whose opinion I respect enormously has all kinds of problems with the show because of various stereotypes that she believes it reinforces. She also hates that the only disabled person on the show is played by a perfectly able-bodied actor when there are plenty of actors in wheelchairs in the world looking for work.
If you want a fantastic gothic read, you have to check out The Mysteries of Udolpho, by Ann Radcliffe. It's fantastic!
Post a Comment